Lake Macquarie Memorial Park is the largest, independently-owned cemetery in the Lower Hunter region.
Prominently located near the lake within our open parklands, our chapel takes pride of place in our expansive grounds and provides an ideal setting for the most memorable tribute.
Whether you are after an intimate memorial or a large service, our chapel can accommodate a variety of needs. To ensure each service can be tailored to reflect the life of each individual, our chapel is fully equipped with audio visual technology including PowerPoint, DVD and CD facilities.
In keeping with the multicultural diversity of the City of Lake Macquarie and the Lower Hunter, Lake Macquarie Memorial Park has grown to provide appropriate funeral options for all of the communities and faiths around us.
As well as general burial and cremation areas, we have:
- Remembrance Garden for Returned Servicemen and their families – a memorial area for those who have served in Australia’s armed forces
- The ‘Mike Leyland’ Natural Memorial Reserve – a memorial area for those who want to return to the earth without damaging the environment
- Lullaby Garden – a special memorial area for children, infants and still-borns
- Religious burial areas for Catholic, Orthodox and Muslim families, and
- A Garden of Peace area for guests to take their leisure in, to be with their thoughts for departed loved one.